2. A list of your medications
3. Your complete medical/ allergy history or referral
letter from your physician
4. Insurance information along with identification.
You will undergo a series of vision screenings and other types of vision testing that can help determine your general eye health and quality of your vision. Your eyes will most likely be dilated during the examination and remained dilated for up to 4-6 hours. Your near vision may become blurry and eyes are more sensitive to bright light after pupil dilation. Sunglasses or other protective eye wear may reduce the discomfort experienced during this period. Some patients prefer to bring someone to drive them home after the checkup. Expect to wait for about 30 minutes for the dilating drops to work before your doctor could perform a thorough eye examination. As such, it may take up to 3 hours (maximum) for a complete eye examination.
Indah Eye Specialist Centre is subject to the personal data protection principles under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereafter referred to as PDPA) with effect from 15 November 2013, which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. In compliance with PDPA, your Personal Information in our database will be safeguarded and will not be shared without your consent.
A) Source of the Personal Data
Your personal data is collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain. This may include your name, NRIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, information in audio/video format (including voice, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) or security recordings), images (including photographs) and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in item B) below.
B) Purposes of collecting and processing (including disclosing) your Personal Data
- For medical and healthcare services
- To facilitate the patients personal needs (i.e. extension of stay for health tourists)
- To establish and manage medical records and medical reports
- To facilitate payment process relating to the patients
- To institute debt recovery proceedings against defaulters
- To report the personal data to the relevant authorities and/or third parties under the governing laws relevant to the healthcare industry
- To share the personal data with Indah Specialist Eye Centre Sdn Bhd and its related companies as defined in the Companies Act 1965
- To conduct research, analysis and improvement
- To market and advertise products and services
- To administer and respond to request, queries, complaints and legal issues
- To facilitate human resource management activities relating to employees
- For submission and registration of relevant forms, licenses to the relevant authorities and/or third parties under the governing laws relevant to the healthcare industries
- To share personal data for the purpose of banking facilities, signing of legal and accounting documents
- For purpose of purchase of items, outsource of services, new development and others
- For education and training purposes
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
To obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information, or to make a complaint in respect of your personal information or to make any further queries, please contact us at:
Tel: +607-239 5399
Fax: +607-239 5388